Present Announcement(s)

»[02.06.2008]»
Chees3cake.blogspot.com is now up and running! Chees3cake.blogspot.com is the sister site of this blog. Suggestions for anything are greatly welcomed and accepted!
--
»[03.02.2008]»
I have been getting reports that Chees3cake cannot be commented on because it is for Blog*Spot users only. This correction was made a few months ago: non-Bloggers can comment. Please try re-visiting the site.
*Remember to type the "3" in "Chees3cake."
Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Cool Stuff #34

Phishing

Up until today, I wasn't exactly sure what "phishing" was. But now I do. Phishing is copying a trusted site's webpage to weedle out personal information from an unknowing user. Now you are probably saying, "Oh my gosh. I would never fall for such a trick! I'd be smart enough to look around..." blah, blah, blah. See for yourself. If you click here, without reading the URL, examine the webpage closely. (It might be illegible, so click on the photo to soom in.) It will look exactly like a Yahoo! Photos login page. Now read the URL. It's a Geocities webpage. Unless you read the URL beofre looking at the webpage, like I told you not to, then you'd have no way of knowing that it was a fake.

The picture came from Wikipedia, here.
The Wikipedia picture came from the Wikipedia article, here.


-Sanjay Acharya-
-http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phishing-

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Think that's safe to put on your blog? Some people might be dumb enough to try logging on on that website.

[KILLER_X] said...

It is just a picture. No one can log on to a picture. Hehe.