Present Announcement(s)

»[02.06.2008]»
Chees3cake.blogspot.com is now up and running! Chees3cake.blogspot.com is the sister site of this blog. Suggestions for anything are greatly welcomed and accepted!
--
»[03.02.2008]»
I have been getting reports that Chees3cake cannot be commented on because it is for Blog*Spot users only. This correction was made a few months ago: non-Bloggers can comment. Please try re-visiting the site.
*Remember to type the "3" in "Chees3cake."
Powered By Blogger

Friday, February 22, 2008

Cool Information #31

Tpyo

"I want to the store to get some eggs, milk, and cookies."

You would probably say, "'I want'? Don't you mean 'I went'? That's a typo." But do you know that a 'typo' really is?

"Typo" is short for "typographical error." You may or may not have known that, but now you know. Anyway, what if you are IMing (mouse over "IMing" for a definition) someone, and you want to say "I went to the store to get some eggs, milk, and cookies"?

But what if you typed "I want..."? Then how do you tell the other person what you meant? Turns out, there is a simple solution! You don't have to say, "oops. srry. i meant 2 type 'i went'".

All you have to do is type "went" and then type an asterisk (*). Voila! You're done!

But hold on. What if, say, you wanted to wuote me. Let's say you wanted to copy that last sentence. Obviously, there's a typo. "Wuote" should have been "quote." But you didn't want to look stupid making a typographical error. So, all you have to do, is add an un-italicised "[]" and an italcised "sic" between them after the mispelled wurd or phrase. For example, the quote would look like this:

According to the blog, the author stated "What if, say, you wanted to wuote [sic] me."
That's it? That's it.

-Me-
-http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sic-

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

couple things:
nice, but almost everyone who chats online knows the "super awesome amazingly cool asterik trick"... lol

and also, wat does SIC mean?

and also, in ur last sentence (not examply) u spelled 'word' like this 'wurd' was that on purpose? don't reply here, find another way... I never look at comments unless I'm commenting at that moment.

Anonymous said...

no one's gonna do that